Paperbackwriter offered a Top 10 list why we don’t have to update our blogs. She so inspired me that I decided to update my blog… a few days later. Yawn.
10. Because The Day Job (wherein the housing market continues to do its impression of a balloon being gripped with pincer fingers around the neck and slowly released to make entertaining noises) is just so interesting right now. And by interesting, I mean the Chinese curse ‘May you live in interesting times.’
9. I just read a post about how blogging is dead. No wait, that’s the publishing industry. Whichever.
8. I can’t update my blog because I’m updating my website.
7. And I’m updating my other blog. Not to mention commenting on other people’s blogs.
6. I’m boycotting anything to do with ugly, mash-up webwords. Like blog. Like wovel. Like fretworking. Okay, I made up that last one. It refers to your social networking connections, combining ‘friends’ and ‘networking.’ It also refers to the panic you feel when your boss comes in and you are fretworking on Facebook during your 1 1/2 lunch break.
4. I begrudge any words that don’t count directly toward my WIP. I’m sadly obsessed with my daily words counts. (Yes, I skipped 5 because I realized I’m already 200 words into this blog and I was 200 words short last night so if I’d been working on my WIP instead of this blog I’d be back on track right now. Argh.)
3. Because because because because becuuuuuz because there’s no reason to blog when you can watch a musical. Actually, you could watch Dr. Horrible’s Musical Singalong Blog and that would kill, like, an hour of not-blogging.
2. Because the world is in deep enough sh*t already without me adding more. (Ooh, I’m neg-in’. Sorry. Musn’t surf world news while blogging.)
1. It’s hard to keep coming up with something interesting to say, so the number one reason I didn’t update my blog…