Portland doesn’t do much official winter, but we had a little bit last night and this morning, just enough to frost and quiet our world.
Red berries on heavenly bamboo; icicles under lichens; dogwood buds slumbering; crystal droplets on last year’s asparagus; mugo pines snow cup; frosted Monster Girl!
According to science, there’s only a 74.3% chance this guy will give me superpowers.
Oh, harvest time. How I love you and mourn you. The end of summer but so much yumminess. Photos include:
- Pantone tomato ripeness scale
- Sunflower eating the sky
- All the grapes: Interlaken are not super productive but each grape is the season distilled to perfection: high summer sweetness enrobed in the crisp bite of fall
- Marigolds doing their golden thing, all season long
- Beans going strong but their leaves are turning yellow
- Huckleberries — what do I do with them? I need a bear!
- Winter squash to remind me that this season won’t last either…
Pretty sliver moon and Venus about to set together. Hope you’re having a starry night.